SIEUR D'ARQUES AIMERY GRAND CUVEE 1531 (12 bottles)
Reasons to buy
WORLD CLASS FRENCH FIZZ – RANKED HIGHER THAN VEUVE CLICQUOT, POL ROGER, TAITTINGER AND PIPER HIEDSIECK!!
All good wine should excite and beguile but very few liquids can sharpen a celebration and awaken anticipation quite like fine sparkling wine.
It's almost as if we're hardwired to put on our party hats and slip on our dancing shoes as soon as those magical little bubbles tickle our noses and explode across our tongues. It's about as mood enhancing a substance you can get without breaking the law.
This value for money sparkling is no exception, the tasting note goes as follows: ‘Indulge yourself in this subtle, elegant sparkling wine. Its yellow robe with green lights reveals delicate, beautiful bubbles. Its fresh, lively, gracious nose is dominated by white flower and citrus aromas. The attack is fresh and creamy with delicately lemony flavors that slowly make way for longlasting candied, mineral notes at the finish.’
So what are you waiting for, pick up a case or two today and get those corks popping!
And now for the bling – 16 GOLD MEDALS!!!
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : Best of Class - 2013 Pacific Rim Competition, California
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : Best of Class – 92/100 - Los Angeles International W&S Competition 2012
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : 92/100 - Los Angeles International W&S Competition 2011
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - VINALIES INTERNATIONALES 2012
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - VINALIES INTERNATIONALES 2011
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - VINALIES INTERNATIONALES 2009
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux – VINALIES 2012
- 2 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - CONCOURS GENERAL AGRICOLE DE PARIS 2012.
- 2 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - CONCOURS GENERAL AGRICOLE DE PARIS 2011.
- 1 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - CONCOURS GENERAL AGRICOLE DE PARIS 2010.
- 2 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - CONCOURS GENERAL AGRICOLE DE PARIS 2009.
- 2 GOLD MEDAL : AOC Crémant de Limoux - CONCOURS GENERAL AGRICOLE DE PARIS 2008.
- 90/100 – Campbell Mattinson, The Wine Front, July 2012
- Ranked 6/300 by STERN Magazine
Bust out the Top Rated French bubbles
- Don't pay
$25- now just a TINY $13.33 a bottle!!
- Fantastic French Fizz - stock up now for your Melbourne Cup & festive celebrations!
- Awarded 90 Points- The Wine Front
- Did we mention the bling...? 16 GOLD medals! A stunner sparkling
- Ranked 6/300 Sparkling by STERN Magazine
- BYO - a glass of chilled French sparkling is the perfect accompaniment to simple, fresh seafood
- Made in methode traditionelle - the classic Champagne method for a premium, elegant sparkling
- From a vineyard with history dating back to the 5th Century BC
- Amazing quality for a bargain price
- The Aimery Grand Cuvee ranked 6th out of 300 sparkling wines (including champagne) in the Stern Magazine Wine Review in Germany
- Don't just take our word for it - the reviews are in and the Winemarketeers are loving this Sparkling! Check out the Ratings and Reviews tab...
France - Languedoc-Roussilon
Aimery Sieur d'Arques
Chardonnay Mauzac Chenin Blanc
Crayfish, scallops, fish or warm chicken salad
The Crémant de Limoux is a sparkling wine blended from three grape varieties: Mauzac gives it a delicious bouquet of green apples and honey, Chardonnay, the key to many fine wines, gives it a typical hint of flowers, Chenin gives it a sparkling freshness and elegant structure. The Wine Waiter’s recommendations: Aimery's Grande Cuvée 1531 is perfect for cocktails. It goes well with fish and exotic dishes. As an A.O.C. wine it is top quality and it also offers value for money. What makes Grande Cuvée 1531 an especially fine wine ? The grapes are hand picked in low yield vineyards in the upper Aude Valley. Yielding: The Cuvée is blended from first pressings only (tête de cuvée). Using the ancestral method, the wine is bottled and left to mature for two years giving it a “sur lattes“ typical, more intense, flavour and rich aroma.
Golden yellow with green lights
Lively, fresh white flowers and citrus
A delicate blend of Chardonnay, Mauzac and Chenin Blanc grapes gives a beautifully bubbly bead with a fresh, creamy mouthful. Lemony citrus notes blend through into a lengthy candied finish with mineral notes.
High quality for a bargain price - the Aimery Grand Cuvee is elegant, refined and subtle. Fruit is hand-picked from low yield vineyards in the Aude Valley. The ancestral method used to produce this classic style creates an intense, flavour-driven French sparkling wine with rich aroma
Sieur D'Arques is located in Limoux, the heart of the Languedoc in France. The monks at the Saint Hilaire monastery are rumoured to have discovered the secret to Champagne many years before the much-lauded Dom Perignon. Not much has changed since then: this Aimery Grand Cuvee may not carry the Champagne title on its label, but on the tongue it matches up with the big names like Clicquot and Taittinger. This French sparkling does it all, and quietly.. without all of the massive advertising spend of a big-brand Champagne!
Ratings and Reviews
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
This is as close to a good average French Champagne like Veuve Cliquot you'll get without paying the big bucks. Fine bubbles, a good balance and very morish...
Great Drop! Lovely Champagne,��Service and Delivery excellent. I wanted to give 4.5 stars but it was only 4 or 5��Thanks
Nearly as good as basic non-vintage Champagne for a third of the cost. You can afford to drink it every day! Well made, crisp, dry and elegantly fruity - What more do you need?
Top drop for a very reasonable price.
Really good bubbles. Certainly compares to our other favorite french bubbles. Very enjoyable.
Awesome value. On par with some of the best Champagnes and Sparkling wines I've had here in Oz and overseas. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone at this price.
My girlfriends and I love these bubbles - great taste, great value and very easy drinking.�Perfect in summer (or any season really!)�Would recommend everyone try a bottle or two.
I absolutely love this stuff. Unfortunately it goes to quickly so I have to keep ordering more.
I work in an organisation that employees a lot of women and hosts a number of functions and we always serve this champagne. It is enjoyed by everyone (men and women) and it outstanding value for the price. Quite a few of the staff and others now buy this as their champagne of choice.
Always an excellent drop at a good price. We've bought many cases and I'm sure we'll buy many more!
Love this wine! 2nd case I've bought and will definitely be buying more! It's as good as any of the more expensive wines that I've tasted (eg Verve, Moet, Mumm etc)
This was absolutely stunning, made a big impression at our wedding & for the price I could not reccomend anything better!�Clean crisp tasting and the bubbles just set it off nicely, very easy to have too many : )�Can't wait for the next lot.
Love this champagne, wouldn't waste it on plants. Have bought this lots but this time it was for a friend who tried it a my house and also loved it.
I love this sparkling, and have been through many cases of it. Fantastic taste - I prefer this over a few of the very well known French bubbles in the $50-$100 range. So, to get something as good (in my view better) at Sieur price is stunning value. I have recommended this wine to more friends than any other wine ever.
Excellent French champagne.
10 out of 10
This order was the 7th (approximately) for us. The ladies in our family rave over the dryness and
enjoyability of this product, as do various friends to whom bottles have been given as gifts for anniversaries or as a Thank You for assistance.
A great wine indeed, from a great marketeer.
I bought this for my wife as an alternative to the Bird in the Hand sparkling. It is a very nice wine with many nice favours but she does prefer the Bird in the Hand
Always enjoy this wine hope you can continue to supply my orders
I`m not a big bubbly drinker but I received a bottle in a mixed dozen. Both my wife and myself enjoyed it so when it came out on special I had to have a case. One of the nice`s cuvee i have drunk.
A friend of ours who drinks bubbly most of the time tried it and also thought it was great.
Still have a few bottles to go so alls well.
This Sparkling Wine is definitely a 5, although the first lot I purchased a couple of months ago was better only because of the purchase price.
Even at the current price it is value for money, a quality product with great appeal
Bang for buck, this is hands-down the best bubbly I've tried. The equal of many wines 3-5 times it's price, it's eminently drinkable and is a sure fire winner for any celebration; I think our household has just found a new favourite Sparkle!
BEST FIZZ ON THE SITE, MUST HAVE ORDERED OVER 30 DOZEN BY NOW.