Halliday Premium Reds (6 Bottles)
Some Of The Best Reds In Our Cellar…
You know of a bloke by the name o’ James Halliday? He reckons this is a pretty stellar collection of Aussie Red. We agree. But we’re letting this particular half dozen go for a song!
Nothing under 94 Points, and scores up 96. They’re all standouts in their own right, they’ll all cellar for years if you fancy giving them a stint. Get into some serious quality!
The Bottom Line
- Six deluxe Reds, all top-rated by Halliday
- Includes Spinifex, Forest Hill, Teusner & more
- Margaret River to the Barossa, Cabernet to Grenache blends…
Just see what we mean…
The mix contains:
- Penley Estate Reserve Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 - 1 bottle, RRP $50.00 per bottle - 94 Points - James Halliday
- St Johns Road Block 3 Barossa Shiraz 2014 - 1 bottle, RRP $38.00 per bottle - 95 Points - James Halliday
- Teusner The Bilmore Barossa Shiraz 2014 - 1 bottle, RRP $26.00 per bottle - 96 Points - James Halliday
- Spinifex Barossa Esprit 2012 - 1 bottle, RRP $32.00 per bottle - 95 Points - James Halliday
- Forest Hill Block 9 Mt Barker Shiraz 2011 - 1 bottle, RRP $60.00 per bottle - 95 Points - James Halliday
- Thompson Estate Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 - 1 bottle, RRP $45.00 per bottle - 95 Points - James Halliday
- TOTAL 6 BOTTLES
Please note - in case of popular demand, some products may be substituted with similar wines of equal value.
*Ts & Cs apply. Offer expires 08:00am (AEDT) 01/03/2017 or when sold out. No voucher code required – price will be reduced on the site. Purchases from WineMarket must not be re–sold commercially. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Not redeemable for cash. WineMarket reserves the right to cancel orders made outside of these terms and conditions. Standard WineMarket T&C's apply.
Penley Estate Reserve Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon 2010
Made with header boards keeping the cap submerged, and finishing fermentation in barrels. The colour is good, and the flavours are in the cassis heartland of cabernet, but the tannins are in an argumentative mood, and need to get out of the bottle on the right side - I think they will in a few years. (James Halliday)
St Johns Road Block 3 Barossa Shiraz 2014
Hand-picked form a very early ripening black, open-fermented in half-tonne bins; matured in three air-dried French hogsheads. Has class stamped all over it, mouthfilling, yet perfectly balanced and harmonious, fruit, oak and tannins all on the one page. (James Halliday)
Teusner "The Bilmore" Barossa Shiraz 2014
Good colour; a rich, fruit-slapping mouthful that draws you swiftly back for a second mouthful, and in no time the bottle is empty, especially if you have shared it with another. The finish is remarkable, light and almost airy, yet with a savoury note that serves to highlight the fruit.
Spinifex Barossa Esprit 2012 (Grenache, Mataro, Cinsault, Shiraz, Carignan)
Vibrant, youthful and fresh palate driven by a tangy herb infused line of red fruit – red currant, sour red plum, pomegranate and marjoram – that gains warmth and depth turning to tobacco, game, cedar and darker fruit to close. Pulpy, fleshy fruit is drawn long with plum skin acids and stony tannins.
Forest Hill Block 9 Mt Barker Shiraz 2011
Non-aggressive complexity. You can take from this as much as you wish. Cherry-plum fruit, briary aspects, chicory and cloves and small goods. Silty tannin is a key and seductive feature, as is well-integrated smoky/coffeed/creamy oak. Supple, elegant and with just enough power. (James Halliday)
Thompson Estate Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
It is an exercise in harmony between blackcurrant/cassis, a dash of black olive and ripe tannins, oak underpinning the texture/structure, rather than the flavour. (James Halliday)
You'll love these too, have a look!
Need Help? Call 1300 289 946
(9am-5pm Monday to Friday AEST.)